Jackbox is the king of all party games. Each pack offers a multitude of incredible fun, from rap challenges, trivia questions, different quizzes, to drawing tasks. 8-10 people can play most game varieties, but others can spectate or vote to join in the occasion. While it is ideal for teens and adults, it has a family-friendly feature to ensure that younger kids won’t be left out. So, get ready to enjoy the great collection of party games Jackbox has to offer to everyone!
How To Play
- Jackbox Party Pack
Selecting A Party Pack
If you don’t have a Jackbox Party Pack yet and are looking to purchase one, it is advisable to get the Party Pack 3 as it is starter-friendly and is brimmed with games ideal for up to 8 players. However, if you are planning to bring in a lot more friends and family into the fun, Party Pack 4 is your best bet as it has games that can accommodate up to 16 players.
Objectives of the Game
Jackbox is a collection of party game packs, perfect for providing your family and friends endless hours of sheer delight. Each pack contains different types of games, which means the goal may differ from one game to another. Nevertheless, all games are ideal, whatever the time, whatever the day, and you will be looking forward to the next party each time around.
Some of the best Jackbox titles to play include:
- Drawful (Jackbox Party Pack)
- Quiplash XL (Jackbox Party Pack 2)
- Tee K.O. (Jackbox Party Pack 3)
- Fibbage 3 (Jackbox Party Pack 4)
- Mad Verse City (Jackbox Party Pack 5)
Drawful will test your drawing skills, Quiplash requires humor and wit, while Tee K.O. will let you design your own tee shirt. Then, unleash your rapping skills in Mad Verse City, and lie and bluff until you win in Fibbage!
Loose rules and the requirement for the participant’s creativity to win are what make the games perfect for every party!
How To Play
Jackbox Party Packs can be played through your Apple device and by connecting it to your TV. With a few easy steps, you can enjoy it with your family and friends at home. There are two ways you can do so, by using an HDMI Adapter or using AirPlay on AppleTV.
Connecting via an HDMI Adapter
- Connect your HDMI cable to your Apple TV and connect the other end to your Apple device.
- Insert the HDMI adapter into the intended port on your Apple device to mirror your screen on your TV.
- Launch the Jackbox game on your device, use another browser-enabled phone to serve as your controller.
- You’re now ready to play the game!
Connecting via AirPlay on Apple TV
- Turn on your Apple TV and quickly launch Jackbox on your device.
- Go to the Control Center on your Apple device and choose the ‘Screen Mirroring’ function.
- Select the Apple TV that you would like to use.
- Use another browser-enabled phone to serve as your controller.
- You’re ready to play the game!
How To Play Remotely
On vacation, working overseas, or simply practicing some distancing? Those situations won’t hinder you from having fun with Jackbox. You can play it with your friends and family remotely. Each participant will need to have a phone to serve as their controller and a tablet or laptop. Also, players need to connect with each other through a video conferencing platform that has screen-sharing functionality.
Zoom is your best bet, as it is easy to install and use. Their free account allows you to connect up with up to 100 participants for a maximum of 40-minutes. Simply start a new call or switch other hosts once the time is up.
With the variety of games that Jackbox brings and the convenience Zoom offers, what you, your friends, and family can expect are hours of incredibly fun online parties.
So, enticed with playing the game remotely? Here is how to play Jackbox over Zoom.
- Create an account on Zoom on the same device you intend to use to launch the game.
- After signing up, host a meeting and share the unique meeting ID with the participants. Decide on a schedule that is amenable to all. A weekend night is an ideal time for a Jackbox online party!
- Have all players hop into the video call by using the unique meeting ID.
- Launch Jackbox and choose your desired game. Run the game in full screen for a better experience. You can activate it on the settings menu.
- Share your screen with the participants. Go to your Zoom window. Look on the lower bar menu, and choose ‘Share Screen.’ All the participants will now be able to see the game in full.
- Get all the participants to join the game using their smartphones. Go to Jackbox.TV and have each one enter the Room Code.
- Once all participants are in, it’s time to begin the party and play the game the Jackbox title you prefer!
Where to Buy
To start playing, one participant must get a Jackbox Party Pack. There are six party packs available from Jackbox Party Pack 1 to Jackbox Party Pack 6. Each pack contains different titles, but all are bound to give everyone sheer fun and enjoyment!